The Healing Power of Reiki
Reiki is "universal life force energy".
The word Reiki comes from two Japanese words - (Rei) which means “universal life” and (Ki) which means “energy”.
The History of Reiki
Reiki is a beautiful form of natural energy healing that comes from the universe.
While its use in its current form comes from the modern age, Reiki energy is as old as the universe itself.
Documentation of Reiki being practiced in Japan comes as early as 1914. Dr. Mikao Usui is credited with developing the system now called Usui Ryoho Reiki. His tradition and methods were passed through several grandmasters of Reiki. Today, Reiki takes many forms, however, The Usui System of Natural Healing is still the form most widely practiced. Practitioners and Master Teachers are trained through an initiation process where Masters pass on their knowledge and expertise to their students.
The Healing Power of Reiki
Everything in the universe contains energy. This energy flows throughout the universe, forming the very substance of life. Energy healing modalities like Reiki work with this energy, helping it to flow where it is needed and remove the things that may block the flow of energy. The energy, when received, works for the highest and greatest good of the recipient, which can be a person, animal, object, place, or situation.
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe tool for wellness. A Reiki session can help ease tension and stress, and can help support the body to facilitate an environment for healing on all levels. It treats the whole person including mind, body and spirit offering beneficial, calming, balancing, and stress-reducing effects. Many people have reported miraculous results.
Like other forms of energy healing and energy work (such as yoga or martial arts), Reiki works with the body's energy, which is known as Ki or Prana.
It is believed that a person’s Ki should be strong and free flowing. When this is true a person’s body and mind is in a positive state of health. When the energy becomes weak or blocked it could lead to symptoms of physical and emotional imbalance.
During a Reiki healing session, Reiki flows through the practitioner, and the client's body draws the energy in, clearing blockages so it can flow freely.
Reiki Compliments Traditional Medicine
Reiki is not a cure for a disease or illness, but assists the body in creating an environment to facilitate healing.
Reiki is a great tool to use as a complement to traditional medicine, and is being used to help patients in many hospitals and medical care settings all over the world.
It works in conjunction with all therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
Reiki and Religion
Reiki is not affiliated with any particular religion or religious practice. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. In fact, Reiki will work whether you believe in it or not.
Because Reiki is spiritual in nature, many people find that using Reiki puts them more in touch with the experience of their religion, rather than having only an intellectual concept of it.
While Reiki is not a religion, it is still important to live and act in a way that promotes harmony with others.
Dr. Mikao Usui, the founder of the Reiki system of natural healing, recommended that one practice certain simple ethical ideals to promote peace and harmony, which are nearly universal across all cultures.
A full session is usually 60 to 90 minutes long. The client will rest comfortably on a massage table on their back with their shoes removed. Reiki is not massage therapy, and a client is always fully clothed. A session can either be hands-on, where a practitioner will apply a light touch during the session, or hands-off where they will hold their hands slightly above the body.
During sessions, clients may feel a warming or tingling sensation, or merely relaxation and a reduction in fear and anxiety. The session should be very pleasant and relaxing, and many people even fall asleep.
People who have studied Reiki practitioners during a session found that their hands emit an energy frequency between 7 and 10 Hz, which is a frequency associated with physical healing.
How Reiki Can Help
Reiki is an energetic modality that brings about physcial healing, and it serves many other important purposes as well.
* Improves sleep.
* Brings about deep relaxation.
* Relieves physical pain, stiffness and tension.
* Accelerates natural healing of wounds.
* Helps prevent the development of disease.
* Detoxifies the body and improves health.
* Energizes you when you're drained - physically and mentally.
* Reduces stress and the physical, emotional, mental, and energetic impacts of stress.
* Dissolves energy blockages - physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
* Helps you move forward on your life's path.
* Helps resolve emotional issues, such as grief or resentment.
* Balances energy flowing through your chakras, meridians, and aura.
* Helps change negative conditioning and behavior.
* Improves concentration and mental clarity.
* Provides comfort and healing for animals.
* Provides energetic support and healing for people and the planet after natural disasters or traumatic events.
Some of the Many Ways Reiki Can be Used
* To cleanse crystals.
* To help pets and animals.
* To clear the energy in rooms.
* To help electronics work better.
* To change the energy of an object or situation.
* To help during accidents and emergencies.
* To protect while at work, at home, in your car, or while traveling.
* To improve your financial situation.
* To help with achieving goals.
* To heal past unresolved issues.
* To receive inspiration or clarification on an issue.
Schedule a Reiki Session
As a certified Usui Reiki Master-Teacher, I have the honor and responsibility of channeling Reiki energy and sharing it with others.
Reiki is a beautiful healing energy that has changed my life, and it can change yours as well.
Contact me to experience how Reiki can create positive change in your life.